- Budget Highlights 2020-21 - Infrastructure
Budget Highlights 2020-21 - Infrastructure
- A National Logistics Policy to be released soon to clarify roles of the Union Government, State Governments and key regulators.
- Single window e-logistics market to be created.
- Rs.1.7 lakh crore proposed for transport infrastructure in 2020-21.
- Delhi-Mumbai Expressway and two other packages to be completed by 2023. Chennai-Bengaluru Expressway to be started.
- Large solar power capacity to be set up alongside rail tracks, on land owned by railways.
- Four station re-development projects and operation of 150 passenger trains through PPP.
- More Tejas type trains to connect iconic tourist destinations.
- 148 km long Bengaluru Suburban transport project at a cost of Rs 18,600 crore to have fared on the metro model. Central Government to provide 20% of equity and facilitate external assistance up to 60% of the project cost.
- 100 more airports to be developed by 2024 to support the Udaan scheme.
- “Smart” metering for electricity to be promoted.
- Rs.22,000 crore proposed for power and renewable energy sector in 2020-21.
- Expansion of national gas grid from the present 16200 km to 27000 km proposed.