- Budget Highlights 2020-21 - Agriculture and Rural Economy
Budget Highlights 2020-21 - Agriculture and Rural Economy
- The government proposed an action plan to boost agriculture and farmers' welfare.
- Kisan Rail to be set up by Indian Railways through PPP:
- To build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables (milk, meat, fish, etc.).
- Express and Freight trains to have refrigerated coaches.
- Krishi Udaan to be launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation:
- Both international and national routes to be covered.
- North-East and tribal districts to realize the Improved value of Agri-products.
- Artificial insemination to be increased to 70% from the present 30%.
- Foot and Mouth Disease, Brucellosis in cattle and Peste des Petits ruminants (PPR) in sheep and goat to be eliminated by 2025.
- Village Storage Scheme to be run by SHGs to provide farmers a good holding capacity and reduce their logistics cost.