- Budget Highlights 2020-21 - Indirect Taxes
Budget Highlights 2020-21 - Indirect Taxes
- Simplified GST returns with features like SMS based filing for nil return and improved input tax credit flow to be implemented from 1st April 2020 as a pilot run.
- Customs duty raised on footwear to 35% from 25% and on furniture goods to 25% from 20%.
- 5% health cess to be imposed on the imports of medical devices, except those exempts from Basic Customs Duty.
- Excise duty proposed to be raised on Cigarettes and other tobacco products. No change made in the duty rates of bidis.